Tuesday 20 September 2016

The Liebster Award



Could I be any more chuffed? I only went and got bloody nominated for a Liebster Award! Ok I'm not even gunna pretend I know what it is but sod it, it's an award and I got a mention! By the lovely Amy at Kitty and Pip I'm kidding - obviously I checked out what this is all about ! (And then I copy and pasted the description Amy [thanks bro] "The Liebster Award is a chain of awards passed on by bloggers, in an effort to recognise their wonderful work. “Liebster” in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, valued and pleasant."

So, the rules of the Liebster Award 2016:
1 – Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2 – Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3 – Give eleven random facts about yourself
4 – Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of this award
5 – Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6 – Give them eleven questions to answer

My Qs from kittyandpip


1. What is your favourite book? I love The Time Traveler's Wife.
2. What is the biggest lesson parenthood has taught you? I've learnt to be resilient and that I most certainly don't come first! And that shit doesn't smell that bad, vomit is ok and getting pissed on (on a daily basis) is bearable.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Hands down I was convinced I was going to be a singer. Or some sort or celebrity. Oops - I'm just a normal person. 😂 Fml.
4. Do you have a party trick? Tell us what it is. I really don't. Aside from getting in a horrific state after very few drinks I just don't. And if I do, I certainly can't remember 😂🙊
5. Where would be your ideal dream holiday? Thailand. We slummed it for a honeymoon trip for 3 weeks and stayed in some questionable places - I remember being hungover over a 'hole toilet' on a moving train... It was awkward but still a great experience. Then having to wash my deposit down some other 'hole toilet' with a bucket of water.. 😳 as much as it doesn't sound like it, we did take part in other activities not just going to the toilet haha!
6. Is there anything you said you’d never do as a parent but now you do? Go to sleep early. 9pm is a late night for me!
7. What one thing would you like to go back and tell your teenage self? Don't worry about your imperfections, make fun of them and people will laugh with you not at you. (Hopefully they were never actually laughing at me anyway)
8. What is your biggest fear? Losing the love of my life. I'm so lucky to have married my best friend.
9. What do you love about blogging/vlogging the most?It's so supportive - have come across some amazing people and great ideas. I love reading people's story. Also that it's so easy to talk to people as they tend to keep up with your blog and always have a conversation starter.
10. Describe you perfect date night? Pyjamas, Chinese (food not necessarily race) a bottle of red and my cat cuddled with us. And definitely no sex! Just a nice massage and a long ass sleep.
11. What moment made you think ‘oh my gosh! I am an adult now!’ When my vag spit out a child.

Now for 11 random facts about me...

1 I used to be a man - I'm joking. Sometimes I wish I could be one though because it's so easy.. Beer, butts, boobs and ball-twiddling. And b-jobs... Life is sweet for men!

2 I love the smell of soil and no idea why! It's just like such a fresh smell!

3 All of my family live abroad ! So thankful for joes fam!

4 LOVE all things 'Lush' and the Body Shop is growing on me - face masks in particular!

5 suffered a lot with miscarriages in the past which makes me so tolerant of the shit bits of motherhood

6 my fav drink is ... That's pretty hard but I love watermelon smoothies (only ever had them in Thailand) strawb daiquiris and piña coladas ahhhh so many !

7 I'd never been on a rollercoaster until I was like 19!

8 I used to date Ben Affleck (ok that was a lie too- I wish) *i have a celeb crush on Ben Affleck*

9 I can probably recite the entire finding Nemo film

10 as above for 'grease'

11 I've worn my hair in a mum bun for approximately 345 out of the last 365 days!

Now this next bit I was not looking forward to .. Picking 11 bloggers who I love. I mean I am delighted to share and give them a mention but picking only 11 is tough so so many people make me laugh cry and live a bit of their life with them each day! But here are my 11 definite reads;

1 Life As A Single Mum  - adore reading her posts and the power of a woman is made clear in charlottes story!

2 Dad's Diary - Fml mate you crack me up on a daily basis please follow this rad dad!

3 Sprogs Blog - I love following Emily's insta as well as keeping up to date with her posts!

4 Teabee Blog - I do not have time for make up testing and beauty worrying .. So I read tanias reviews and buy what she recommends ! She saves me time and helps me look glam!! Love this girls blog seriously check it out !!

5 This Is A Mum's World  a new blogger and I absolutely adore her posts - from bags to circuits and pelvic floors she really has the perfect balance of being herself and 'mum'

6 Random Thoughts of a Twenty Something Blog - to say I love her page is an understatement. I love having a browse at Carla's blog because she's so inspiring. She discusses real issues of mental health and combines it with the fun quirkiness of her personality too with stories of holidays and hair. Go give her a quick view!

7 Marianne Smiles the oh-so-touching story of the birth of Oliver I could relate to 100000% I felt that same with Amelie and I've felt so on par with this girl ever since reading her story.

8 This Little Mom makes me giggle so much from her 30 second showers to packing for holiday!! She does 'serious' too though and her post on sharing her baby I related to so much .. Because I've been told the same and was like stfu!

9 Life W/ Littles  her two year old rules the roost and her blog makes me excited [weary] for mine to turn 2, too! can relate because for her pregnancy 'shit' did not end at labour and I equally battled so much post pregnancy and post labour physical crap!

10  Mommy in Leggings our babies are around the same age so I love reading her blog! It's got handy tips like how to fix a hole in your leggings, removing water stains from wood alongside trips to the zoo! She's so glam and inspiring too - baby weight lost in 5 months !! Check out her post!

11 Rachel Swirl  hands down enjoy every read!

So here are 11 questions for you:

1 name a favourite (could be anything)

2 the most fun you've ever had was..? (Nothing rude please 😂)

3 what inspired you to start blogging?

4 What is the blog post you're most proud of?

5 favourite time of year?

6 coffee or tea?

7 What is the most bizarre experience you've had?

8 If you could have a super power which would you choose?

9 Any recommendations for rainy day activities? (I'm wheats stuck for these)

10 what would you tell your teenage self if you could?

11 something that makes you happy?

Thanks for reading and I hope you take part because this has taken me a little while to do and I'd love to see your replies!!

😁

No comments:

Post a Comment